Give water to TN: SC to Karnataka
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
The Supreme Court Wednesday ordered Karnataka to release 10,000 cusecs of Cauvery water daily to Tamil Nadu. It also asked the Cauvery Monitoring Committee to meet Thursday to determine the water requirement for the standing crops of both the states.
The order came after Karnataka submitted that the matter with regard to release of water should be sent back to the CMC, which could hold its meeting as per the direction.He also expressed the willingness of the state to comply with the direction of the CMC. The court will further hear the matter on Monday.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet