GMSSS-26 girls clinch U-19 cricket title
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
The hard work of women's cricket academy at the Government Model Senior Secondary School Sector 26 (GMSSS-26), paid off well, when their girls' team registered a 24-run win over GMSSS Sector 19, in the final match to clinch the UT Education Department organised U-19 Inter-School cricket title. Batting first, GMSSS-26 girls posted 149 runs for the loss of seven wickets in 19 overs. Preeti emerged as the star for GMSSS, Sector 26, as she made the highest score of 45 runs. She was ably supported by Anita who chipped in with useful knock of 28 runs. For GMSSS, Sector 19, Himanshi and Monika Pandey bagged two wickets each. Chasing the tough target, GMSSS, Sector 19 girls were bowled out for 125 runs in 19 overs. Neha (3 for 10), Anita (3 for 27) and Poonam (3 for 22) rattled GMSSS, Sector 19, with their accurate and effective bowling. UT Finance and Education Secretary VK Singh lauded the winning team.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'