Goa 64-4 against Tripura in Ranji Trophy
Nirupam Sen Chowdhary's half century and Manishankar Murasingh's two-wicket haul helped Tripura to turn the screw on Goa, who were left struggling at 64 for four in their first innings on the penultimate day of the Ranji Trophy Group C match here today.
After losing the opening day to bad weather, Tripura were 170 for five in the first innings yesterday and Nirupam today blasted a 144-ball 57, laced with nine fours, to ensure that the hosts have a bigger total at hand.
Nirupam added 58 runs along with Bunti Roy (39) for the ninth wicket to help Tripura end their first innings at 278 all out in 84.2 overs at the Maharaja Bir Bikram College Stadium here.
Murasingh then took two wickets, while rana Dutta and BB Roy scalped one each to leave Goa tottering at 64 for four in 26 overs.
At the draw of stumps, Reagan Pinto was batting on 18 and giving him company at the crease was RD Asnodkar at 4.
Tripura first innings: 278 all out in 84.2 overs (NN Sen Chowdhary 57; SS Bandekar 4/90).
Goa first innings: 64-4 in 26 overs (R Pinto 18 not out; MB Murasingh 2/8)
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow