Goa to frame guidelines for students' safety in schools
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Goa Education department today said they will draft guidelines for the safety of students in state schools in wake of the sexual abuse of a 7-year-old girl inside the school toilet two days back. The guidelines were being framed and would be circulated to all the schools, a senior education department official said.
The crux of the guidelines would be that the school should be responsible for the safety of the students, he said. "The student is in the custody of the school management, not parents, during school hours. So it is their responsibility to ensure that they are safe," the official said, on condition of anonymity.
A seven-year-old girl was raped inside the school toilet in Vasco town on Monday morning, sparking outrage among the parents and locals. mThe accused was yet to be traced by police, even as] the headmistress of the school was taken in custody for]negligence.
The department is also preparing a detailed report about the incident, which would be submitted to the state government, the official said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held