Gold advances on firm buying, silver also edges up
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Gold prices continued to rally at the bullion market here today due to increased retail buying interest coupled with jewellery demand in view of ongoing marriage season.
Silver also regained some lost ground and rose modestly on renewed industrial off-take.
Standard gold of 99.5 per cent purity firmed up by Rs 40 per 10 gm to finish at Rs 30,485 from overnight closing level of Rs 30,445.
Pure gold of 99.9 per cent purity gained Rs 45 per 10 gm to end at Rs 30,625 from Rs 30,580.
Silver ready (.999 fineness) added Rs 65 to close at Rs 58,850 per kg from Rs 58,785 yesterday.
Meanwhile, gold slumped further in New York trade on the back of strengthening dollar valuation supported by improving US economic data.
Gold for April delivery fell by USD 4.40 to settle at USD 1,666.90 an ounce on the Comex division of the NYMEX. Silver March contract concluded marginally higher at USD 31.44 an ounce.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow