Gold, silver up on global cues, wedding season
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Gold prices climbed at the domestic bullion market today following demand from stockists and retailers amid higher global cues and the starting of the wedding season.
Silver also surged on heavy speculative buying and firm industrial demand.
Standard gold (99.5 purity) shot up by Rs 265 per 10 grams to close at Rs 31,900 from last Saturday's closing level of Rs 31,635.
Pure gold (99.9 purity) advanced by Rs 275 per 10 grams to finish at Rs 32,040 from Rs 31,765.
Silver ready (.999 fineness) zoomed by Rs 675 per kg to end at Rs 62,435 as against Rs 61,760 previously.
Gold for December delivery rallied by USD 19.70 to settle at USD 1,734.40 an ounce on the comex division of the NYMEX late yesterday.
While silver for December contract strengthened by 82 cents to close at USD 33.19 an ounce.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow