Golfers to get police escort during ANC rally
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Golfers in the Volvo Champions will receive police escorts from their hotels on Saturday to avoid traffic delays around the nearby 101st anniversary rally of the African National Congress in Durban.
South African President Jacob Zuma will address an expected crowd of 80,000 in Kings Park Stadium across the road from Durban Country Club golf course.
Per Ericsson, the president of Volvo Event Management, says on Friday the police escorts are only to ensure the players get to the course on time.
After the rally, Zuma will visit the Volvo Champions, an elite gathering of last year's winners on the European Tour.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held