Gondia maneater tiger shot at but survives
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to four-wicket win
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The tiger in Gondia which has killed five women since December 15 dodged the joint team of Force Department and police commandos to escape the area where it was believed have been seen since Sunday.
"There were reports of it being sighted at Salebardi where it had killed Muktabai Ganvir on December 24. So we moved our teams there. One of the teams spotted the animal near a bush. All other teams were called out and the police commandos fired 25 rounds there. But the animal managed to run away," said DFO Rama Rao. The place is 15 km from the boundary of Navegaon National Park. "The tiger is apparently returning to its original place," he said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow