Goonda Raj in Delhi: Woman jumps from moving car to escape rape bid
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Two youths, including a teenager, allegedly abducted a young woman and tried to rape her in a car but landed in police net after she jumped out of the moving vehicle here.
The sexually assault occurred in Outer Delhi's Aman Vihar at around 10.45 PM yesterday, police said today. The 24-year-old victim was hit by the vehicle when she escaped. She was admitted to a hospital and was stated to be out of danger.
The woman, who works as an accountant, was walking towards her home when she was pushed into a car by Kuldeep (24) and Deepak (19), who were known to the victim.
Kuldeep was arrested last night and Deepak this afternoon.
The youths allegedly tried to rape the victim but she managed to jump from the car. She was injured as she was hit by the car when she jumped.
They fled after some locals gathered at the spot. The woman was rushed to a nearby hospital.
Kuldeep has a fleet of Gramin Sewa and also runs a finance office. Deepak was earlier working as Kuldeep's driver.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'