Gopal Goyal Kanda forced Geetika Sharma back from UAE to sexually exploit her: Cops
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
The Delhi Police told a court here that a probe showed that former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda tried to get back airhostess Geetika Sharma from Emirates Airlines with the ulterior motive of sexually exploiting her.
In a supplementary chargesheet submitted against Chanshivroop Singh, an aide of Kanda, before the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D K Jangala, police said, "The facts emerged against Chanshivroop during further investigation. Kanda and (his aide Aruna) Chadha tried to get back Geetika from Emirates Airlines with the ulterior motive of sexually exploiting her.
"When Geetika refused to come back to India and join MDLR Airlines (floated by Kanda), Kanda used other nefarious tactics to mount pressure on her," said the chargesheet filed yesterday.
"In pursuance of criminal conspiracy, Kanda and Chadha appointed Chanshivroop Singh as assisstant HR Manager in MDLR group with the sole objective of ensuring that Geetika remained under the control of Kanda," it said.
"Chanshivroop went to Dubai to compel Geetika to resign from Emirates Airlines and created fake e-mail ID for sending documents given by Kanda.
"Investigation discloses that accused Chanshivroop joined the conspiracy (hatched by co-accused Kanda and Aruna Chadha) and committed offences under section 471 IPC (using forged documents as genuine) and 66A IT Act (sending false messages). It is requested that he be summoned to face the trial," the chargesheet said.
The chargesheet has been filed over three months after the main chargesheet was filed against Kanda and Aruna Chadha in October 2012.
The chargesheet said at the instance of Kanda and Chadha, Chanshivroop went to Dubai under the garb of investigating the issue of forged NoC furnished by Geetika to ensure she is removed from her job with Emirates Airlines.
The police also said when Chanshivroop tried to contact Emirates Airlines and did not get any favourable response, Kanda sent him a complaint from MDLR Airlines to Gurgaon Police purportedly lodged against alleged fraud committed by Geetika by creating fake experience certificates and also taking away company documents and laptop.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held