Gopal Kanda in jail, minister, MLAs celebrate his birthday
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A Haryana minister and two MLAs of state's ruling Congress on Saturday joined a function to celebrate the birthday of former minister Gopal Kanda who is in jail for his alleged involvement in the suicide of former air hostess Geetika Sharma.
Three MLA who are supporting Bhupinder Singh Hooda government showered praise for Kanda at his 47th birthday ceremony in the Tara Baba complex, which was attended by a large number of supporters.
Haryana Minister for Labour and Employment Shiv Charan Sharma, Chief Parliamentary Secretary and Fatehabad MLA Prahalad Singh Gillankhera and Panipat MLA OP Jain claimed Kanda would soon be proved innocent and he would join as a minister in Haryana Cabinet.
The celebrations were marked by a 'hawan' and a health camp.
Kanda was named in the suicide note written by Geetika who was allegedly harassed by him.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations