Gopal Kanda in jail, minister, MLAs celebrate his birthday
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A Haryana minister and two MLAs of state's ruling Congress on Saturday joined a function to celebrate the birthday of former minister Gopal Kanda who is in jail for his alleged involvement in the suicide of former air hostess Geetika Sharma.
Three MLA who are supporting Bhupinder Singh Hooda government showered praise for Kanda at his 47th birthday ceremony in the Tara Baba complex, which was attended by a large number of supporters.
Haryana Minister for Labour and Employment Shiv Charan Sharma, Chief Parliamentary Secretary and Fatehabad MLA Prahalad Singh Gillankhera and Panipat MLA OP Jain claimed Kanda would soon be proved innocent and he would join as a minister in Haryana Cabinet.
The celebrations were marked by a 'hawan' and a health camp.
Kanda was named in the suicide note written by Geetika who was allegedly harassed by him.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow