Watching porn on smartphone, tablet 'easiest way to catch virus', says report
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Watching pornography on a smartphone or tablet is a potentially risky thrill as it is the easiest way to catch a virus on your device, a new study has revealed.
According to a report by Blue Coat, compared to a PC, a user is three times more likely to accidentally download malware when using a mobile device to look up x-rated material.
The web security and optimization company also said that nearly one-quarter of malware on phones and tablets comes from visits to porn sites, the Daily Mail reports.
This study, reported by CNNMoney, claimed that prurient browsing on phones is not that common, adding that less than one percent of all mobile traffic is to pornographic destinations.
Yet the report also states that porn has led to more malware on smartphones and tablets than e-mail spam, malicious websites, and fake apps put together.
According to the paper, Blue Coat claimed that a major part of the problem is the way URLs are displayed on a phone browser, which makes it more difficult for users to tell if the site is legitimate or malicious.
Unlike on a PC or a desktop computer, for example, there is no way to hover over and preview a link for warning signs, it added
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet