Government clears death for rape-murder, 20 years in jail for gangrape accused
However, the government has not accepted the Verma panel recommendation about paying compensation to victims of sexual assault. It has also not accepted the panel's suggestion to keep rape gender-specific to women.
Home ministry sources told The Indian Express that the ministry plans to write to the Ministry of Women and Child Development, suggesting an amendment to the Juvenile Justice Act to lower the age of juveniles who can be tried for crimes committed by them to 16 years from 18.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow