Govt clears VMC-GAIL JV for piped gas
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The state government has cleared a joint venture between GAIL and Vadodara Municipal Corporation for providing piped gas in the city, Municipal Commissioner Ashwini Kumar said here. Kumar said the JV was expected to be operational within a month.
At present, 78,000 piped-gas connections have been provided in the city for household purposes. With the formation of this company, 85,000 new connections are expected to be provided in a phased manner, he said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet