Govt in no hurry as it keeps 30 IPS officers ‘in waiting’
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
As many as 30 IPS officers, including IGs, DIGs and SPs, are currently sitting idle in UP. They are attached with the DGP Headquarters, waiting for a posting.
While Inspector General RK Vishwakarma and Deputy Inspector General Amitabh Yash have been waiting for postings since January and December, respectively, the number of idle officers started rising early this month, when the government made a series of changes in the police set-up. Many of the officers who were transferred out of ranges, zones and districts were just left without a posting.
That is not all. As many as 32 officers of the state police service who were promoted to IPS a month ago are also waiting for posting commensurate with their new status.
At the same time, important posts continue to be unmanned. Kannauj and Unnao districts are without SPs and Gorakhpur zone and PAC west zone (Moradabad) are without IGs. Posts of commandants (SP rank) have been vacant in 13 PAC battalions for a long time. Among those waiting for postings are five IGs, seven DIGs and 18 SP rank officers. The 32 promotees to IPS are also of SP rank.
Asked about the large number of IPS officers kept idle despite vacant posts, Principal Secretary (Home) RM Srivastava did not go into the reasons but said: "The decision about posting of these officers will be taken very soon."
Incidentally, the Akhilesh Yadav government had accepted three IPS officers on deputation from other states in the last six months and the process to bring one more is on. This was done on the excuse that there is a shortage of officers in the state.
The officers who have come on deputation are Kanpur SSP Yashasvi Yadav, Mathura SSP Pradeep Kumar Yadav and Balrampur SP Sonia Singh.
The idle officers include IGs Braj Bhushan, Bhawesh Kumar Singh, Shailendra P Singh, Rajesh Kumar Rai and RK Vishwakarma and DIGs Amitabh Yash, Mutha Ashok Jain, LV Antony D Kumar, BD Paulson, PK Mishra, BN Singh and Beena Bhukesh.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'