Govt may set up universities for research
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The government on Friday said it is considering a proposal for setting up of Universities for Research and Innovation, which aims at establishing world-class institutes focused on high-quality research.
''The concept of universities aiming at world class standards has been developed...these universities are called Universities for research and Innovation...A legislative proposal for setting up of Universities for Innovation is under consideration of the government,'' MoS in the Human Research Development ministry E Ahamed informed Rajya Sabha in a reply.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’