Govt’s financial Bills line-up skips MMDR, land acquisition
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
Other financial sector Bills including Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill and the Companies Bill are also on the agenda for the winter session. The government will also use the session to introduce the Competition (Amendment) Bill, 2012, that will govern mergers in all sectors. Additionally, Forward Contracts (Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2010, and the Warehousing Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2011, are also a part of the agenda.
Meanwhile, the cash-strapped government's first supplementary demand for grant will also be moved during the winter session. The finance ministry had abstained from seeking additional funds during the monsoon session. Sources said this is likely to be the only supplementary demand for grant that the government will raise during the fiscal. Usually, a third supplementary is raised in the Budget session. Apart from this, amendments to the Motor Vehicles Act, Highways Authority of India Act and Prevention of Money Laundering Act will also be taken up for discussion in the winter session.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held