Govt seeks public opinion on riverfront project
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The UP government has sought suggestions from the public regarding development of Gomti riverfront project in Lucknow.
The suggestions could be given to the officials of Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) during the next one month.
The Gomti riverfront project is inspired by the Sabarmati Riverfront Development Project in Ahmadabad. The project envisages development of amusement parks, walking and cycle tracks, jetty and public utilities on both sides of the Gomti river from Kudiaghat to Gomti Barrage. The state government has also proposed to develop a giant wheel — "Lucknow Eye" — like the London Eye. LDA official said that people can give their suggestions about the type of development and services they want along the Gomti river.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM