Govt to kick off Nutri-Farms in select dists to fight malnutrition
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
As for the overall budgetary support, Chidambaram announced Rs 27,049 crore to the Ministry of Agriculture in the next fiscal, which amounts to an increase of 22 per cent over the revised expenditure in current fiscal.
The Budget continued with the interest subvention scheme for farmers who get farm loans at 4 per cent interest. It also extended the facility to private scheduled commercial banks and other banks as well.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations