Govt’s investment score: 32/932
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
To bring investment in Uttar Pradesh, a Global Partnership Summit was organised in Agra in January where as many as 932 business delegates and companies had taken part. But when it came to real investment proposals, the government till date has received from only 32 of them. None of them from outside the country though there were many foreign companies and business delegates.
"All these 32 companies, which expressed interest in investing in UP are Indian business houses," said Minister SP Yadav, who replied on behalf of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to a question put by BSP leader Mahesh Arya during the Question Hour on Tuesday.
The government recently wrote to the interested investors seeking their terms and conditions, suggestions or grievances if they have any, regarding setting up their projects in UP.
Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry had organised the summit in collaboration with Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) that borne the expenses of the event, said the minister with the UP government participating in the event as "partner state".
Speaking to The Indian Express, the minister said the companies have shown interest in making investment in different sectors, including food processing, dairy, leather, footwear, logistic parks, solar energy information technology etc.
ITC limited has proposed to set up dairy plant with investment of Rs 200 crore on 250 acres in Saharanpur and a biscuit and confectionery unit in Varanasi at an investment of Rs 25 crore. It has also shown interest in developing logistic parks in Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi and Ghaziabad. The ITC, the minister said, has proposed to invest around Rs 1,200 crore in UP in the next five years.
Other major companies interested in investing in UP are HMA Group, which has proposed to invest Rs 125 for setting up a potato flakes unit in Agra, Uttam Group of Institution, which wants to set up banana ripening individually quick freezing and potato processing unit with investment of Rs 25 crore. Various other firms like SI Solutions Private Limited, Raghunandan Money, Modern Overseas Leather People Pvt Ltd, All India Vice President and Member Association, GT Cold Storage Pvt Ltd want to set up potato-based processing industries.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet