Grand Sunday launch awaits job dole scheme
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
The ceremonial launch of the unemployment allowance scheme, with distribution of cheques to 10,400 beneficiaries, on Sunday will be a grand event in Lucknow. About 300 labourers are working at the venue at Colvin Taluqdars' College ground round-the-clock for the past three days.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will distribute cheques, each of Rs 2,000 consisting of unemployment allowance for two months, to the beneficiaries. Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav is likely to be present on the occasion.
So that rain does not play spoilsport, the district administration has erected a water-proof pandal covering 12,000 square metres at the college ground. Seven sections have been made inside the pandal with barricades for the beneficiaries coming from seven districts — Lucknow, Hardoi, Lakhimpur, Rae Bareli, Sitapur, Kanpur and Unnao. In each district section, there will be two sub-sections for male and female beneficiaries.
A 10-foot-high permanent stage of 100 square metres area has been made. Officials said that a permanent stage was being constructed for the one-day event as a temporary stage cannot bear the weight of so many beneficiaries and politicians at any given time.
A 500-metre approach road is being constructed connecting Lucknow University road to the venue. Work is on full swing at the site as the officials have been asked to complete the preparations by Saturday afternoon.
Additional District Magistrate Devendra Pandey said that along with the 10,400 beneficiaries, all ministers and principal secretaries, secretaries and other dignitaries have been invited. The earth inside the pandal will be covered with sand to avoid mud in case of rain.
Additional Municipal Commissioner P K Srivastava said the municipal corporation has to ensure cleanliness at the venue. Jal Sansthan has to provide eight water tankers.
Officials of the government, district administration and police are keeping a watch on the preparations while senior officials inspect the venue at least twice a day.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow