Grenade hurled at the residence of Manipur MP
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Unidentified militants hurled a grenade at the private house of a member of parliament from Manipur, Th Meinya, in Imphal West district of the state but it failed to explode, official sources said today.
Sources said the grenade, wrapped in a polythene bag, was found in the courtyard of the house at Moidangpok area in Patsoi police station yesterday.
Family members of Meinya reported it to the nearby Patsoi police station whose personnel along with bomb experts defused the explosive, sources said adding that no individual or group has claimed responsibility.
Meinya who was not present at the time of the incident. He came home later in the afternoon yesterday from New Delhi, sources said.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM