GSRTC bus torched, driver thrashed
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets put Pune Warriors on top
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
- Afghan Prez to seek Indian military aid amid Pakistan row
Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) drivers in Surendranagar district went on a flash strike on Thursday morning after a mob set ablaze a bus and beat up its driver at Ratanpar near the city in the wake of an ongoing dispute between two communities over a murder.
The bus service resumed in the afternoon after higher authorities assured that they would take care of the safety of drivers, passengers and buses, said Prithvisinh Rana, GSRTC depot manager, Surendranagar district.
According to a complaint registered by driver Pratap Patel with Joravarnagar police station, a 200-strong mob attacked his bus at Ratanpar around 11 pm on Wednesday. They first pelted stones at the vehicle and thrashed him before setting the bus on fire, stated the complaint. Police said they have arrested one youth in this connection.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet