Economic Survey: Gujarat 2nd fastest growing state
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Gujarat stands second after Bihar on the list of fastest growing states during the last seven years.
Between 2005-06 and 2011-12, Gujarat clocked a Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) growth of 9.98% while Bihar registered the highest growth rate of 10.17 per cent, states the Economic Survey 2012-13.
Gujarat stood fourth on the list of states as far as GSDP growth for 2011-12 was concerned. With 8.2 per cent growth, Gujarat was behind states like Bihar (16.71%), Madhya Pradesh (11.98%) and Maharashtra (8.54%).
In the category of unemployment rate (per 1,000) for 2009-10, Gujarat has the lowest number of unemployed in urban areas, while it stands behind Rajasthan, Maharashtra, MP and Karnataka as far as unemployment in rural areas is concerned.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow