Gujarat Congressman Shaktisinh Gohilís Austin Motor car cheaper than his Rs 2.5-lakh tractor!
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
An Austin Motor car owned by Gujarat Congress legislative party leader Shaktisinh Gohil is cheaper than a tractor that he owns.
Gohil, who will be fighting for the Bhavnagar Rural seat, has just two vehicles. His affidavit filed along with the nomination papers state that the tractor that he bought in 2011 costs Rs 2.5 lakh while the car, bought four decades ago, has an estimated "market value" of Rs 1 lakh.
The Congress leader owns total assets worth Rs 99 lakh, including Rs 80,000 cash-on-hand and bank deposits totalling over Rs 12.1 lakh and shares worth Rs 41 lakh.
On the other hand, his rival from the same constituency and BJP candidate Parshottam Solanki (minister of state for fisheries) owns no vehicles and has close to Rs 22,000 cash on hand and a bank balance totalling Rs 24 lakh.
This quantum of liquid assets that he presently holds are a shade less than the Rs 1.43 lakh cash-on-hand and Rs 28.8 lakh bank balance that he declared before the 2007 Assembly elections.
A diploma holder in electrical engineering, Solanki describes himself as a "developer" and "farmer", and his wife Falguni as a "developer" and hotelier in his affidavit.
They own real-estate assets that are spread across Junagadh, Bhavnagar, Gandhinagar, Diu and Mumbai. Both together have over Rs 66 crore in assets and Rs 3 crore in loans.
They also own Rs 70 lakh worth of agricultural land in Junagadh district.
Interestingly, the latest piece of land was bought in Falguni's name in March for Rs 15 lakh. The present price of this piece of land has been estimated at Rs 25 lakh, a 60% rise in eight months.
A leader of Kolis, Solanki also owns four commercial properties in Mumbai (Andheri and Jogeshwari areas) worth Rs 17.5 crore. He has four residential properties in his name, two of which worth Rs 3.8 crore are situated in Andheri, Mumbai. The two other properties are in Bhavnagar and Gandhinagar.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held