Gujarat cops raid booze party, diamond traders, bar girls held
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Twelve persons including six bar girls were arrested for having liquor party during a raid on a farm house at Valvada village of Valsad district on Saturday night. Police also seized liquor bottles, hookah, cellphones and cash amounting over Rs 13 lakh from their possession.
Acting on a tip-off, Valsad police carried out the raid on a farm house on NH-8 near Vapi. After primary interrogations, they revealed that the party was organised by one Sajid Khan who reportedly fled the spot. The arrested were identified as Deepak Vaghani, Mahendra Bhawani, Dhruvil Goradia, Harshad Sawani, Deepak Chaudhary, all residents of Varachha area and are into diamond business. One Zahir Shaikh, a resident of Mumbai, was also arrested in this connection.
Police also arrested six bar girls who were from Mumbai.
They were later taken to Valsad Civil Hospital for medical examination.
Valsad police said Sajid Khan, a resident of Surat, has connection in Mumbai and brought the girls to Vapi for six hours after paying Rs 3,000 each.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet