Gujarat Governor praises Narendra Modi for ‘efficient leadership’
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
On the commencement of the first session of the 13th Legislative Assembly, Gujarat Governor Kamla Beniwal in her address to the House on Wednesday praised Chief Minister Narendra Modi for providing "an efficient and resolute leadership" to the state for 11 years and showing a "new direction to the entire country for progress".
The Governor, who was at loggerheads with Modi over the appointment of Lokayukta, said, "The CM's Sadbhavna Mission has helped in building peace, unity and unprecedented harmony in the state. This is a glorious chapter in the history of the nation."
She took note of the historical turnout in the Assembly election, terming it "people's support and acceptance of the government" wedded to the principle of inclusive growth. "Gujarat has overcome many hurdles and achieved the distinction of showing a new direction to the entire country for progress," she said.
The Governor mentioned welfare schemes launched for minority communities. On law and order, she said the state had only 1.1 per cent molestation cases compared to the national average of 3.6 per cent. She added that Gujarat showed 16 per cent increase in tourism growth against 7 per cent in the entire country.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held