Gujarat Governor praises Narendra Modi for ‘efficient leadership’
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
On the commencement of the first session of the 13th Legislative Assembly, Gujarat Governor Kamla Beniwal in her address to the House on Wednesday praised Chief Minister Narendra Modi for providing "an efficient and resolute leadership" to the state for 11 years and showing a "new direction to the entire country for progress".
The Governor, who was at loggerheads with Modi over the appointment of Lokayukta, said, "The CM's Sadbhavna Mission has helped in building peace, unity and unprecedented harmony in the state. This is a glorious chapter in the history of the nation."
She took note of the historical turnout in the Assembly election, terming it "people's support and acceptance of the government" wedded to the principle of inclusive growth. "Gujarat has overcome many hurdles and achieved the distinction of showing a new direction to the entire country for progress," she said.
The Governor mentioned welfare schemes launched for minority communities. On law and order, she said the state had only 1.1 per cent molestation cases compared to the national average of 3.6 per cent. She added that Gujarat showed 16 per cent increase in tourism growth against 7 per cent in the entire country.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'