Gujarati poet Shobhit Desai gets Vatayan Poetry Award
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Distinguished Gujarati poet Shobhit Desai has been presented with the Vatayan Poetry Award 2012.
Baroness Shriela Flather and Dr Satyendra Srivastava gave away Shawl and the award to Desai at the annual award ceremony at House of Lords.
Renowned Ghazalkar Janab Nida Fazli was also honoured with the Life Time Achievement Award for his literary contribution to poetry.
The programme began with a one-minute silence for the late Hindi scholar, Dr Gautam Sachdev.
An audio-visual presentation on the activities of Vatayan was made by Dr Padmesh Gupta, President of the UK Hindi Samiti, followed by the award ceremony compeered by Lalit Mohan Joshi, film historian and Editor of South Asian Cinema Journal.
Shreela Flather and Vatayan's founder, Divya Mathur addressed the gathering.
Upcoming singer, Uttara Sukanya Joshi and Rajan Shegunshi presented Nida Fazli's ghazal on the occasion.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held