Gun that killed ASI to be sent for forensic test
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
The country-made pistol used in the killing of ASI Tapas Chowdhury in Garden Reach area last week will be sent for forensic tests, the CID said on Thursday.
"We will be sending the weapon for forensic tests," said ADG(CID) Sivaji Ghosh. The CID got a clue about the single-shot pistol, which was recovered on Wednesday, after interrogating Sheikh Subhan and Ibne, the two accused.
Meanwhile, Trinamool Congress councillor Mohammad Iqbal alias Munna, who is the prime accused and is currently absconding, is yet to receive any legal aid from party's legal cell.
Iqbal, a closest aide of Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim, had gone underground a day after the violence. He has filed an anticipatory bail plea at Alipore court through his lawyer.
Baiswanar Chatterjee, chief of TMC legal cell said, "If any of our party members is accused in any case, we provide the legal assistance. But in this case, we are yet to receive any direction from the party about providing him legal support."
Significantly, Sheikh Subhan is said to have admitted to police that Munna led the group of violent men and was at the forefront during the attack on rival students' group. Subhan has also reportedly admitted that the firearm was handed over to him by a senior Trinamool leader.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet