'Gun toting' Guj Cong MP wants probe against toll plaza staff
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Congress MP Vitthal Radadia, who was caught on CCTV and later booked for brandishing his gun at toll plaza attendants recently, has demanded probe against the staff for "misbehaving" with him.
Radadia, Lok Sabha MP from Porbandar, has written letters to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi complaining about the staff at the Karjan Toll Booth on the Express Highway.
"I have sent a letter to the PM and told him how I, an elected Member of Parliament, was mishandled by the L&T staff at the toll booth and how they all misbehaved with me," said Radadia.
Radadia has claimed in his letter that he was eligible for free passage and though he showed his 'MP ID', the staff there 'rudely' raised doubts about his identity.
He has also marked the copy of his letter to the Union Minister for Surface Transport C P Joshi and his deputy Tushar Chaudhary.
On October 12, Radadia brandished his gun at the employees of toll booth on National Highway eight near Karjan after his driver was asked to show the MP's ID card to waive the payment of toll.
An FIR was filed against the MP by Vadodara Rural Police on the basis of CCTV footage following a complaint by the manager of the private company managing the booth.
Radadia was booked under various sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC) for rioting, issuing death threats, and also under Arms Act for brandishing his double-barrelled shotgun.
His anticipatory bail application was rejected on Wednesday by Additional District and Sessions Judge of Vadodara and Radadia is likely to file a petition challenging the sessions court's order in the High Court soon.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow