Gunfire erupts in liquor baron Ponty Chaddha's house
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Shots were fired in the ancestral house of liquor baron Ponty Chaddha this morning, sending the district police into a tizzy.
Police rushed to the house of Chaddha in Civil Lines area of the city after hearing gun shots around 9 AM, circle officer R S Gautam said.
Members of the house told police that one of the family members Harvir Singh (21) was testing a new pistol resulting in the sound.
No complaint has been filed, Gautam said.
Meanwhile, in a written statement joint managing director of Wave Infratech, Manpreet Singh Chadha, said, neither he nor his father Ponty Chaddha were present at the house during the incident.
He added that his family had left the house almost 17 years ago.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held