Gunmen flee with Rs 1 cr in daring ATM cash robbery
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
In a daring daylight strike, a 15-member gang robbed about Rs 1 crore being transported for loading in ATMs by a private agency in the city.
The gang members armed with logs waylaid the vehicle, broke the window panes and overpowered the gunman and two cash loaders when they were proceeding to load the currency notes in ATMs in R T Nagar locality, police said.
The culprits, who came in two vehicles, attacked the cash loaders and the gunman and escaped with about Rs 1 crore cash. The three received minor injuries and had been hospitalised, police said.
"However, we are to ascertain to exact amount from the bank authorities", police said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held