Gun-wielding TMC leader arrested
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Suspended Trinamool Congress leader Ashis Dey who had brandished a revolver and threatened the staff of a private hospital here was on Monday arrested.
Police said Dey was arrested after he surrendered Monday morning. A local court later remanded him to five days police custody.
Dey had gone into the hospital leading a group on Friday night brandishing the firearm to threaten its staff following a spat. The act was caught on CCTV. Hospital authorities had said that Dey started the spat and its staff had pleaded him to return.
TMC MP Satabdi Roy and other party leaders have denounced the act and said action should be taken against the suspended leader.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow