Gurgaon-Manesar complex: Final plan notified
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians continue to lose wickets
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Haryana government has notified the Final Development Plan of Gurgaon-Manesar Urban Complex with total urbanisable area of 32,988 hectares to cater to a population of 42.50 lakh by 2031.
Of the total land area in the final plan, a total of 16,021 hectares have been reserved for residential areas, 1,616 hectares for commercial, 4,613 hectares for industrial and 4,428 hectares for transport and communication purposes.
Besides 608 hectares have been earmarked for public utilities and 2,027 hectares for public and semi-public establishments, 2,928 hectares for open spaces, 114 hectares as special zone and 633 hectares as defence land.
The Plan notified Thursday by the Haryana government will ensure that residential areas be developed on neighbourhood concept by making provision of all community facilities and services within the sectors on an average net residential density of 250 persons per hectare.
Keeping in view of water scarcity in Gurgaon, effort shall be made to develop all the sectors/colonies on zero discharge concept for encouraging the use of recycled water. An area of 50 hectares approximately has been earmarked in Sector 68B for providing housing to low and medium income group, while 215 hectares has been reserved for a university in Sector 68 to be set up by the government agencies.
The Development Plans of 2021 and 2025 were changed to cater to the population needs of 2031. Accordingly, 4,570 hectares earlier earmarked for setting up SEZs was replanned as there were no takers for SEZs. This has been the primary reason for initiating revision of Final Development Plan 2025, the Town and Country Planning department's notification said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held