Gurpreet beaten up with hot iron rods, made to drink urine: Mother
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
On Monday, Akali sarpanch of Nangal Wahian village was among 11 people booked by the Amritsar (rural) police for Gurpreet's murder.
The victim's mother had alleged that Gurpreet was kidnapped from her house on December 8. By the time her relatives went to rescue Gurpreet, he had already been brutally beaten. Sarpanch Amarjit Singh allegedly fired a couple of shots from a 32 bore gun to scare Sukhraj and her relatives.
On December 9, Gurpreet succumbed in a hospital at Ajnala. Sukhraj Kaur had also claimed the accused suspected that her son was having an "illicit relationship" with the sister-in-law of one of them, Swaran Singh — who was arrested on Tuesday.
Speaking to mediapersons on Tuesday, Kaur said: "First, they gave my son water and then put urine in his mouth," Kaur said, adding that her son had told her this before he died. "There were holes on his legs and hands caused by hot iron rods."
A doctor who attended to Gurpreet at the hospital before he died, claimed 43 injuries were found on his body. "The cut injuries were not deep, but superficial. The death occurred due to acute renal failure caused by extensive muscle damage due to assault on body. His body had gone blue at many places, indicating extensive damage to the muscles," he added.
Asked about Gurpreet's mother's claims, Amritsar (Rural) SSP Preetpaul Singh Virk said: "Neither any injuries were inflicted with hot rods and on private parts, nor was the victim made to drink urine." He, however, confirmed that there were 43 injuries on Gurpreet's body.
Virk further said that while Sukhraj Kaur had alleged that her son was abducted, the accused have maintained that Gurpreet was caught scaling the wall of the house to meet the woman with whom he had an "illicit relationship".
"The claims of both parties are being investigated," Virk said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held