Gursharan Kaur’s sister passes away
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Dhananter Kaur, the eldest sister of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's wife Gursharan Kaur, passed away on Monday morning. She was 82 and is survived by two daughters and a son.
Dhanantar Kaur (70), a resident of the Dyal Nagar area of the city, was suffering from liver cancer. She had not been keeping good health for quite some time now.
Kaur had been admitted to Dayanand Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) last wee, after she began passing blood in her stool.
Gursharan Kaur, along with her daughter, had visited her ailing sister while the latter was admitted in the ICU ward of the hospital.
Dhananter Kaur breathed her last at 5.45 am today.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet