Haji Mastan's 'foster son' puts don's daughter in dock
- To ensure diplomatic immunity, India shifts Khobragade to Permanent Mission in New York
- Lokpal out of way, Rahul seeks longer Winter Session to pass six more anti-graft laws
- Virat Kohli stands out on even day
- Make promises that can be fulfilled, says PM; Sonia asks Congmen to buck up
- Need to keep vigil on implementation of Lokpal, says Anna after breaking fast
A 55-year-old man, who claims yesteryear Mumbai don Haji Mastan "considered him a son", has accused the late gangster's youngest daughter of producing forged documents to seize control of an organisation founded by Mastan in 1989.
Following an order from the Mazgaon court, a case was registered at J J police station.
Police said that Sunder Shekar, the complainant, is currently the president of the Bhartiya Minorities Suraksha Mahasangh located in Byculla. According to Shekhar, Mastan's daughter Shamshad Supariwala (45) produced forged documents to claim party leadership and eventually usurp the property.
"Haji Mastan considered me as his son and named me Sulaiman Mirza. He formed the Bharatiya Muslim Minorities Suraklsha Mahsangh in 1989 and changed its name to the current one in 1992. After his death in 1994, I became its president," said Shekar.
He alleged that in July, 2012, Supariwala submitted fake documents of her membership, with Mastan's signatures, in Mazgaon Court. "The stamp paper that she had used was purchased in July 2012. However, the date mentioned was 1986. Also the document stated that the party was formed in 1986, whereas it was established three years later. Her documents also mentioned the place as Mumbai, while the city was known as Bombay then," said Munira Khan, the party's general secretary.
Khan said she sought police intervention several times last year. However, the police did not comply with it, Khan claimed. The Mazgaon Court directed the police to lodge an FIR this month. "The case was registered on August 8. Shekar and I have recorded our statements and Supariwala was also called for questioning. I do not know why no arrests have been made yet," she said.
Apart from Supariwala, the police have booked Mohammad Usman Shaikh, Mohammad Davana, Mohammad Shamim Ansari, Shaikh Abdul Ali and Imtiyaz Qureshi.
- Stay, so that the village does not burn, RSS chief tells Advani
- Maya gives a Dalit spin, Khurshid vows to restore diplomatís dignity
- 2 tigers killed near Corbett, 10 'poachers' arrested
- Congress set to seal Bihar alliance with Lalu, Paswan
- For stronger immunity, Delhi moves Devyani to UN mission in New York
- Lokpal finally law
- Diplomat's arrest: Diplomatic row intensifies as India withdraws airport passes of US Consulates
- To ensure diplomatic immunity, India shifts Devyani Khobragade to Permanent Mission in New York
- Big Boss 7: Armaan Kohli arrested for physically abusing Sophia Hayat
- 'When I tried to move away, he kissed my arm, repeated he loved me... Asked me to share room'