Harbhajan Singh eyes comeback to national squad
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Out-of-favour India off-spinner and Punjab skipper Harbhajan Singh on Saturday said he is determined to perform in the upcoming Ranji Trophy quarterfinal clash against Jharkhand and stage a comeback to the national side for the one-day series against England.
"I'll put my best in the quarter final match against Jharkhand and try to return to the Indian team," the 32-year-old cricketer said on the sidelines of his team's practice session at Keenan stadium here.
Harbhajan, however, refused to comment on the recent performances of the Indian team in the ongoing ODI series against Pakistan.
Asked about the possibility of a come back to the Indian team for the forthcoming limited-over series against England, to be decided tomorrow, Singh said his responsibility would be to perform in the Ranji match against Jharkhand.
"I have come here to play cricket and my responsibility is to perform to my best," he said.
"I am looking forward to tomorrow's match against Jharkhand, which is an important match for either of the team to move forward," he added.
"We have been performing well and reached this stage. We'll have to keep the momentum and did not want to take the host team lightly," he said.
Asked about the home team, Singh said he knew some of the players such as in-form left-handed batsmen Saurabh Tiwary and Ishank Jaggi.
"Tiwary belonged to Mumbai Indian team in the IPL, while I played against Jaggi. They are good cricketers," he said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow