Harsh climate hits work on roads along border with China
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
"The oxygen level drops to five per cent instead of 23 per cent. Some of the workers even suffer from bronchitis, drowsiness, swelling of hands, feet and face, cerebral edema (swelling of brain), retinal haemorrhage," said the officer.
Apart from these two roads, the Ministry of Home Affairs has sanctioned the construction of 27 roads along the India-China border in Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh. The Border Roads Organisation is constructing 15 of these roads and the CPWD has been assigned to complete eight roads.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet