Haryana again: 3 fresh rape cases
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
In further embarrassment to the Haryana government, three more rape incidents, including two of minor girls, came to light on Saturday.
While a 20-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her neighbour at Sikri village in Ballabgarh area of Faridabad district on Friday, the two other girls, including a Dalit, were allegedly gangraped in two different incidents in Hisar and Bhiwani districts.
In the Faridabad incident, the accused Parvinder sneaked into victim's house in her father's absence, gave her sedative-laced food and raped her, the police said.
"We are waiting for the victim's medical report after which a case will be lodged," they said.
Meanwhile, four youths allegedly raped a 16-year-old Dalit girl at her house in Hisar on November 3 while her parents were away, but the victim informed her family about the incident on Friday.
The girl's father said that the accused had threatened to eliminate his family "if we approach the police".
In another case, a 11-year-old girl was allegedly raped by three youths in the Dadri sub-division of Bhiwani on November 8.
With PTI inputs
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations