Haryana bundle out UP for 227
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Mohit Sharma took five for 47 to help Haryana bundle out hosts Uttar Pradesh for a meagre 227 and then themselves reach 32 for one at the end of the opening day's play in their Ranji Trophy Group B match here on Saturday.
After putting UP in to bat, Haryana bowlers wrecked havoc as they dismissed the hosts for less than 230 runs on the board.
Arish Alam top scored with 52, while Suresh Raina (49), Mukul Dagar (38) and Parvinder Singh (32) chipped in with important runs for UP.
But wickets at regular interval did not help the hosts' cause at all.
While Mohit ended with a five-wicket haul, Harshal Patel (2/42) claimed two wickets.
In reply to UP's modest first innings total, the visitors lost opener Abhimanyu Khod (8) early, but thereafter Rahul Dewan and Sunny Singh made sure that they do not lose any more wickets on the day.
At stumps, Rahul was unbeaten on 13, while Sunny was not out on 10.
UP: 227 all out in 73 overs (Arish Alam 52, Suresh Raina 49, Mukul Dagar 38; Mohit Sharma 5/47). Haryana: 32 for one in 9 overs (Rahul Dewan batting 13; Ankit Rajpoot 1/15).
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow