Haryana police puts rapists profiles on net, 2 held for obscene MMS
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Haryana police have started a process to put names, addresses and crime details of at least 2,500 convicted rapists in the past about a decade on the website, a senior police official said here today.
However, while putting the details about rapists on websites police will conceal the identity of victims, state crime records bureau director Laik Ram Dabbas said.
Meanwhile, police have arrested two youths for recording and circulating the objectionable MMS of a 17-year-old girl from Popli village at Julana district of Jind.
The accused have been identified as Sumit and Praveen and are students of class 11th and 12th respectively and belong to farmers' families, SHO Rajinder Singh said.
Giving details, he said the incident took place on December 7 whereas the girl got courage to lodge a complaint on Wednesday.
He said that the accused were blackmailing her on the basis of the MMS.
Complaints on gender-related offences continued to reach police stations in Punjab.
Sushil Kumar was arrested by police for allegedly outraging the modesty of a colleague at Zirakpur in Punjab's Patiala district, police said.
Meanwhile, police arrested a 21-year-old youth for allegedly raping a minor girl, a student of class 9th, for months together in Muktsar district of Punjab, SSP Surjeet Singh said.
Gagandeep Singh often used to chase the minor and on one evening while she was going to attend tuition classes, he forcefully took her to a house at Kotkapura in Muktsar district and allegedly raped her, he said.
While two men were held for raping a minor girl in Charki Dadri in Bhiwani district, a truck driver was taken into custody for allegedly raping a minor girl at Bhawani Khera in Bhiwani district, police said.
Police have registered a case against a 14-year-old boy for allegedly indulging in lewd acts with a three-year-old girl and her six-year-old brother at Sutalwind in Amritsar district, SHO Parvesh Chopra said.
Sumnadeep Singh and Sandeep Singh were arrested by police for molesting a college girl in Bathinda town, police said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held