Haryana school expels teen who was raped for 4 months
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
In yet another shocking report from Haryana, a 13-year-old girl who was allegedly raped by a 60-year-old fruit vendor in Fatehabad for over four months, and her two younger sisters were expelled from a government school, hours after the rapist was arrested.
The school authorities, however, on Sunday claimed that the three sisters "left the school on their own" and were never expelled.
The incident came to light on Saturday, when the victim, a student of Class 6, complained to her father. Her mother lodged a complaint with the police alleged that the man, who runs a fruit shop outside the school, raped her daughter during school hours.
A medical examination confirmed rape, following which the suspect was arrested. The man allegedly lured the victim by offering fruits free of cost
However, after the incident came to light, the school tried to distance itself from the victim and expelled her and her two siblings.
The victim's father told a news channel that school authorities struck off the names of his three daughter without telling him the reason.
"This happened when I went to the school on Saturday... they said my daughters can't study here," the father alleged.
However, a senior school denied the allegation and said, "The family of the girls decided to withdraw them from the school. They were not expelled."
The incident has come days after UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi visited family of a rape victim who had committed suicide and assured action against the culprits.
Haryana has been rocked by series of rapes - at least 19 reported in last five weeks.
The the latest incident was reported from Sirsa on Sunday where police on Sunday booked a resident of Kharkadi village in Hisar on the charge of raping a girl who had eloped with him after he promised to marry her.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet