HBT berths: KoPT extends bid deadline
Kolkata Port Trust (KoPT) has extended the bid submission deadline for two berths, which were managed by Haldia Bulk Terminals (HBT) before their exit from Haldia dock, to December 17.
"After prospective bidders sought clarification on certain aspects of the contract, we decided to extend the last date for submission of bid to December 17 from December 3," a senior KoPT official involved in the re-tendering process told PTI declining to be quoted.
KoPT had sought re-tendering for operation and maintenance of the berths no 2 and 8 at Haldia Docks after HBT exited alleging a law and order problem.
Tram runs over boy, locals block road
Kolkata: An irate mob brickbatted a tram and put up a roadblock at Ultadanga area on Sunday after an eight-year-old boy was mowed down by a speeding tram, police said. As the boy suddenly came on the tram track, the driver failed to check speed, sources said. Police immediately rushed to the spot and additional force deployed to bring the situation under control. Normal traffic was restored in the area shortly.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow