HC orders transfer of cops involved in thrashing of girl case
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Punjab and Haryana High Court orders immediate transfer of eight Punjab Police officials allegedly involved in thrashing of a girl, in full public view, at Taran Taran, Punjab.
The girl alleged that she is put under pressure and has been offered Rs 5 lakh by persons on behalf of the concerned SSP. High Court has given 24 hours to Inspector General (IG) of Police, Amritsar to ensure transfer of errant police officers.
Protection of Chandigarh Police has been given to the girl and her family. Punjab to respond whether protection by any other state police be given to the family.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow