HC seeks cops’ response on Kobad Ghandy bail plea
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The Delhi High Court on Tuesday asked the Delhi Police to reply to a bail plea filed by alleged Naxal sympathiser Kobad Ghandy. Ghandy has asked the court to consider his plea "sympathetically" citing medical grounds and his advanced age. Justice G P Mittal has issued notice to the police to file its response by May 2.
Ghandy, 65, in his plea has stated that he may be granted bail due to his old age and medical problems including heart ailment and arthritis.
"The bail application may be considered sympathetically since besides being a senior citizen, the applicant suffers from multiple ailments including urinary prostate problem, irritable bowel syndrome, heart problem, high blood pressure, arthritis and spondilitis for which he requires constant care and consistent medical attention, which he cannot receive in jail," his petition said.
Ghandy, who is lodged in Tihar Jail, has remained in custody for more than three years on charges under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA) and also on charges of impersonation, cheating and forgery under various sections of the IPC.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held