HDFC Mutual Fund buys CESC shares
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
HDFC Mutual Fund on Friday acquired seven lakh shares of electricity generation and distribution firm CESC Ltd for Rs 20 crore through the open market route.
As per bulk deal data available with the stock exchanges, HDFC Mutual Fund A/C HDFC Top 200 Fund, purchased seven lakh shares of RP-Sanjiv Goenka group's flagship firm.
The shares were bought on an average of Rs 286.24 valuing the deal to Rs 20.03 crore, the data showed.
At the BSE, shares of CESC tanked by more than 15 per cent to settle at Rs 281.15 apiece.
Yesterday, CESC said that it would pick up 49.5 per cent stake in BPO firm Firstsource for about Rs 395 crore through its subsidiary Spen Liq.
Besides, CESC had announced an open offer for 26 per cent more of the BPO firm's increased share capital.
In a separate bulk deal, Citigroup Global Markets Mauritius offloaded 1.92 crore shares of Lanco Infratech.
The shares were sold for Rs 11.73 apiece aggregating the transaction size to Rs 22.63.
Shares of Lanco Infratech plunged by around 11 per cent to close at Rs 11.60.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet