Health matters: Neural strengthening
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Neural Space, the country's first authorised brain training centre, licensed by LearningRx, in the USA aims to improve a person's mental strength through their proprietary 'Brain Rx' programme. "Through our Cognitive Skills Test™ we help you understand learning problems and explore the most common root cause: cognitive skills weakness. We teach trategies and options available to overcome poor learning and reading if cognitive weakness is the source" says Avinash Bartakke, Founder Neural Space.
Maharashtra University of Health Sciences in association with the Association of Physicians at Nashik will conduct an emergency summit from October 26-28. Dr Arun Jamkar, Vice Chancellor of the MUHS said that the meeting will focus on developing tools to train faculty in emergency medicine in the country. Emergency medicine experts from USA will participate in the meeting. The partners for the summit are divisions of emergency medicine and trauma at the University of South Florida and All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
Dr. (Col.) Madan Deshpande, chief medical director, PBMA's H. V. Desai Eye Hospital has been awarded the prestigious 'best teacher award' for 2012 during the Annual Conference of Maharashtra Ophthalmic Association held at Mahabaleshwar on October 14. Col. Deshpande is also President of VISION 2020: The Right to Sight- India and Association of Community Ophthalmologists of India
New surgical technique
Dr Arvind Bhave, spine surgeon at Deenanath Mangeshkar hospital conducted a new 'vesselplasty' surgery to treat osteoporotic spine fracture on a 66-year-old patient Jayashree Joglekar. 'Vessel' is a new device that is implanted inside the fractured vertebra in the spine under local anaethesia. Whole surgery can be done under local anaesthesia and does not require a big incision. Hence it becomes a stitchless surgery for the patient, Bhave said.
Prevent breast cancer
A mammography camp is underway till October 31 at Sahyadri Speciality Hospital at Deccan Gymkhana. Listed amongst the most widespread forms of cancer found in women, breast cancer, if not caught in time and treated, can be life threatening. Further details may be had by calling 67213000.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow